8.6.09

thinking

I was thinking today that I don't think enough. Work becomes a mindless activity, where thoughts traverse the spaces of meaninglessness and nothingness.

We are called to be an example and a light to the world (Matt 5:14), to be an example and win others for Christ (I Cor 9:20-22). It is such a huge task set before us, one of which I often fall short.

Why is it hard to stand out in such matters? Anything else I like to be the stubborn one not blending in like a pine needle jammed into your palm, but when I am called upon to stand up for what I believe in my tongue remains silent.

Not that all conversation need revolve around matters of the Church, but it is difficult to make faith shine through in normal, everyday type of conversation.

Aim for the week: to have a love that radiates.

No comments: