1.12.10

this world keeps spinning faster

It's amazing how much our lives are caught up in technology.

This evening I gave a presentation on different locations in England used in the Harry Potter films. I had hoped to connect my laptop to the projector system, so that all the work I had done to the PowerPoint presentation would work, but something didn't connect properly. Unfortunately, having embedded the videos into the slideshow meant that they did not transfer over to the other computer at our disposal.

Strike one.

I love having an internet connection - enables me to stay in contact with those who are able to keep me sane in moments of panic which seem to strike at any given moment without any due notice.

Strike two?

More and more, I am realizing how important transportation is in this day in age. Not having that method of getting from point A to point B is severely limiting.

Strike three.

The moral: either you have to learn to be completely independent and rely on your feet in order to get you anywhere or you have to learn humility and dependence upon others.

2 comments:

Marieke said...

blessing # 1. assignment finished
blessing # 2. the telephone
blessing # 3. available rides most of the time
loving people who give you a lift
and 2 strong feet
blessing # 4. health and wellness
blessing # 5. a mom who loves you like crazy

Lawren said...

Hey, I had the same problem with embedding video into a presentation!

(...low-five?)