28.4.11

and o! this small world

Home.

I have seen so much; each small pocket of the world seems connected only by a flight through the air above 35,000 feet. Each sphere is special with its wonderful people and fantastic landscape, unique in their own way.

It was hard to leave England, especially because the weather was so warm and lovely, when Scotland had been so spectacular. Loch Lomond, Glencoe, Edinburgh, and Glasgow -- it's definitely a place I would like to return to.

Glencoe, Scotland

When I arrived in Halifax, it was raining harder than it had been while I was in England. But Joel was waiting on that other side.

I had the opportunity of meeting many special people while in Nova Scotia; the people who Joel can call family. I was greeted in the congregation as someone who was already known and accepted. They are amazing people - they ought to be, as they managed to coerce me into playing ball hockey. (Ps, I scored.) After being apart for four months, to be together again, to have conversations without an ocean in between, was an incredible blessing. Our goodbye this morning was only for a week, as he's coming back to Ontario next weekend for a very brief visit.

at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia

And now I'm home. Another pocket of family. Back to a semblance of what is considered to be 'normality'.

But life's always an adventure, no matter where you are.

No comments: