13.10.12

frozen colours

At times I find the world is spinning by too quickly to catch a breath and be thankful for the blessing of each day. Waves of news continue to swell over my head - it is difficult to respond appropriately to everything with so many deadlines and assignments that seem to take priority but really shouldn't.

I ran along a trail encrusted with frost this morning, clouds of breath hanging in the air, and envied the frozen flowers: they are poised in a single moment, forced to remain still for a while and contemplate life as it hurries past them. But they themselves are not responsible for anything and can watch through frosted panes.

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

I need this reminder shouted at me. I need to stop and appreciate the world in its frozen yet vibrant beauty, to stop and to lay all cares and concerns at His feet.



No comments: