3.2.13

february joy dare

I'm three days behind, but here is a wonderful challenge for the month of February: to find things of joy each and every day.


So.
February 1:

  • Pigs - technically, they're pink, but my little brother was so excited to show me the pig cards he has been diligently working on for the past number of days
  • Love - generic, but such a blessing!
  • Heat - as someone who is frequently cold, the gift of heat is one that I truly appreciate (particularly in the form of a hot water bottle, a hug, or a fireplace)
February 2:
  • Books - I love books (if you haven't noticed), and love getting lost in them
  • Music - music has been a point of bonding with my father (going to see Les Miserables with him this weekend was one of many highlights) and a gift I don't think I would be able to live without. It fills my day, from eating breakfast in the morning to doing homework through the afternoon and evening
  • Pictures from my siblings drawn with love
February 3:
  • How appropriate to find gifts in writing on a Sunday, for where else does one find a gift in writing but in the Scriptures? We stand back, amazed at the gift of grace that is demonstrated page after page
  • Singing the Psalms - there is such comfort and joy to be found in these words
  • Writing itself as an action is a gift - I tend to grow anxious about things and store them up inside of me. Writing serves as a way in which to give up these cares of the day, whether that is through journaling or in finding comfort in the words of others who continually support me

No comments: