22.12.07

Saturday Fun

So ... I did groceries this morning and saw a gingerbread house kit. So I bought it. We, four of the kids, sat around the dining room table and made a gingerbread house. I held control over everything with the icing, and Norah Marten and Didi decorated. I was surprised that Didi didn't eat all the candies right away, but my surprise and admiration faded towards the end with a constant crunch beside me.

I then decided to make cookies - the one I didn't make last week. Have I ever told you about the banana bread incident? Let me tell that one first: Mom had decided to make banana bread on the day a lot of company was coming over. We had many rotten bananas, and the best way to get rid of them is by putting them in the bread. Unfortunately, we had too many bananas, not enough flour, not a big enough bowl, and we couldn't find the mixer. We took the largest bowl we could find, made it fit (barely - it was literally up to the top), and used a "mixer" that is usually used for mashing up baby food in small quantities.

That's kind of what happened today. Too many ingredients, and too small of a bowl, with flour going all over the place, including all over me. But now the third and final batch is in the oven with a house full of the smell. Mmmmmm.

No comments: