19.5.08

"You may need to call me again."

Why must the movies always differ so much from the book, which is good and complete in its entirety. Yet the movie must always rearrange the plot, add an element of romance in "order to keep things interesting", and add elements that were never seen in the book.

Enough bashing.

Prince Caspian is good, but wait for the DVD release, unless you like big picture and big sound, which completely draws you in and makes you oblivious to the people around you. As does a good book.

Catherine, I'm sorry, but I still cannot concur with you that Ben Barnes (who plays Prince Caspian, for all those who are not movie buffs) is good looking, but he is a good actor. Which is more important in the long run.

10 comments:

nadine j. said...

Hooray for waiting for video!

nadine j. said...

slash DVD...

Lawren said...

I'd like to see someone reproduce every detail of a book in the movie... It'd be super long, but interesting.
That's what I was planning to do actually, wait for the dvd. Theatres don't really do it for me anyway.

maria. said...

The movie would be massively long! That would be amazing. Hopefully they don't ruin the rest of them.

Joel f said...

Maybe we should get together for a DVD viewing of that…we've got a stereo for the big sound…and good popcorn! Anyone?

maria. said...

As long as we watch the first one also.

nadine j. said...

I hope that it is better than...I don't remember what I was going to say.

cat.herine said...

Nadine, you're crazy.

Joel, am I invited?? :D

Maria: you may be right... if he does, as you claim, talk like Inigo... I'll go see the movie and get back to you.

Carol-Lee Joy said...

i was going to make this big long comment about something that happened in the theatre when i went to watch it, but then my comment disappeared after i wrote it all...so you'll just have to ask me sometime.:)

maria. said...

Way to leave me in suspense, Carol-lee. When, pray tell, will I see you again?