2.2.11

a foggy day in London town

This afternoon, in our Medieval Drama class, we presented various mystery plays from this age: the best being Mak the Sheep Stealer.
The setting: out in a field, around the time of Christ's birth.
The characters: Mak the Sheep Stealer (I think his vocation is self-explanatory), Gill his wife (in this rendition, Gill was played by a male with a fake Scottish/Irish accent), as well as two shepherds.

If I can get a copy of the filmed version of our performance, I shall try to share it.

Due to the oncoming traffic of essays and presentations, I have been making use of the many resources made available in the Bodleian library. It's only been around since 1602. No big.


Monday I'm headed off to the Camera to claim a stack of books and hole myself up for the afternoon. Somehow, that doesn't sound as dreadful as it should...

But, before all the studious activity can happen, we are headed off to the city (as if there is only one here) for the weekend. Big, busy, but beautiful London. The Tower of London, An Ideal Husband, a tour of the Globe theatre and of the Houses of Parliament, as well as the Rivals. All within 48 hours with sleep thrown in there somewhere. Maybe. Saturday is our own to finish doing the really touristy stuff - if one can ever finish doing the touristy stuff in London - and it's back to Charlbury at some point in the evening.

Sometimes, it's still all a little unreal that I'm actually in England.

1 comment:

Marieke said...

I'm looking forward to the tales and the photos! Enjoy it dearie!