6.7.08

my god ended up in the scrap yard and I ended up in the hospital

Quote from this afternoon's worship service by Rev. A. MacLeod. He's Scottish, which is why I liked him in the first place, but his sermons are so very applicable.

He was speaking about Gideon, how he had to remove the idol from his life before he could build an alter for the LORD and worship Him. How many idols do we have? And where are we going to put God?




Further notes:
  • post 100!
  • white chocolate is good only in small quantities, especially with chocolate cake
  • week three of work begins tomorrow
  • Didi might have sprained his ankle - hopefully it's nothing too serious
  • God still works miracles today. It's amazing that my oma is still here today
  • Geertsema reunion in a few weeks!
  • in a few weeks, I'm only going to have two years left to act like a child. Then I have to pretend to be somewhat mature and act like an adult
  • I need a guitar pick and a highlighter for my bible

1 comment:

Lawren said...

Cool, I'd like to hear a Scottish minister. Did he have a really thick accent?

Just because I can be a grammar nut if I want to, I shall point out that you used the wrong 'alter' ...although I suppose we often try to do that to God as well.

Picks are overrated - learn to use all your fingers, and you'll never want to go back!

I guess in two years you'll have to go to Camp so you can let your childish side out...