23.1.14

culture "shock"

Well, the first week is almost over. I've begun teaching - writing and grammar (for some, this would be fun) - in the mornings, making myself at home with lots of dishes (so no using the excuse that I didn't do any dishes while I was away from home, my dear siblings!) and adjusting to the slower pace of life. This means an afternoon in a hammock with a book and a sleeping baby or doing a few laps in the pool.

The temperatures here are absolutely lovely - warm, but a delightful breeze coming through all the open windows. Apologies to those who are tolerating the winter chill of Southern Ontario.


The wildlife that I have seen so far has been limited to the geckos - thankfully this one was outside my window. A hummingbird did fly through the house yesterday, rather alarmed by the glass doors that restricted his exit. 

And the lighting here is spectacular in the evenings! 


Anyone know what kind of tree these flowers belong to?




At the moment, I am not completely missing home. 


No comments: