16.1.14

perching on the precipice

Ah the joys of flight check-ins! Extra early mornings (it's not often I begin my day with a coffee [oh I'm going to miss my parents' espresso machine! {and them too, of course}]), mixed communication of where to go and how things work, an appropriate amount of running around from check-in point to another, worrying about whether or not my bags will go straight through or if that over-sized tupperware container would worth its weight in trouble…

And yet a surprisingly easy trip through the customs. It's all in the anticipation, really. Why worry about one thing when you can worry about seven?

So here I sit, looking at all these people about to go on a nice holiday in the sunny south of the States while I am simply passing through. Apparently there is a direct flight to Brazil this evening -- thank you Google flights for not providing that information. But where is the thrill of the adventure in a single flight? No, it is much more fun to hop, skip, and jump my way down South.

My opa read Psalm 121 with me when I visited him this past Tuesday. (There are so many people I don't see for longer amounts of time while I am in Canada, but as soon as I am about to leave it is imperative to visit as many as I can.) And this is my prayer, for myself and for all others who are travelling, whether it is merely a short trip down the road or halfway around the world:

The Lord will keep you from all harm -- He will watch over your life;  the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. 

No comments: