6.3.14

staying until the wind changes

I had yesterday's "100happydays" all ready to go, and then I forgot to post it. So, here goes.

11/100
a heavy downpour in the morning. Rain here means that it is winter, somewhat regardless of what the weather was like the day before. The rain was incredible. Within seconds, the area was soaked and the drops were bouncing off the large puddles that quickly formed. Lights started flickering, so everything was quickly unplugged for safety reasons.

I love watching the rain pelt down. It's so nice to watch from the safety of a sheltered area instead of being caught in the middle of it without having chosen to be so.

Even after - or, perhaps, especially after - such an intense rain, the afternoon was beautifully clear and sunny. The beauty of this country never ceases to amaze me.

today's showers bring tomorrow's flowers

12/100
a swim in the early evening light


After spending some time in the kitchen this afternoon baking banana bread (is it a sign that I'm accepted here when I'm asked to take over the kitchen?), a quick swim in the pool was an enticing offer. As the departure date looms ever nearer, I thought it best to make the most of opportunities like this: swimming in an outdoor pool in the evening in March. I certainly can't do that at home!

No comments: