7.1.08

Joy

Today we celebrate my oma's 70th birthday. What an absolutely amazing blessing. I had the urge to read Psalm 47 today, so I read it on the way to school. God is so wonderfully amazing. "Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!" (vs 6) Even the author, or authors (sons of Korah), cannot keep God's majesty to themselves, they have to shout it out and proclaim it to the whole world. With my hour and a half bus ride each way, I have a lot of time to think. I have been so incredibly blessed throughout all my years. I am completely and totally surrounded by people who love and care for me, and it has always been that way. The people change, or move away, while others are added. For one example, my mom married my step-dad about five years ago. Since then, I have a dad, another opa and oma, and four new siblings, including the sister I had always longed for. Don't get me wrong, I get very and extremely annoyed with them (my siblings) most of the time, but every night before they go to bed, the three youngest give me a hug and say "I love you" (can't expect a 12 year old brother to say that).

But I should probably get back to my latin homework instead of procrastinating (pro meaning for and cras meaning tomorrow, so put off for tomorrow - aren't words great?).

No comments: