26.1.08

Renovations

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferrentes." Not that that has anything to do with renovations, but I remember things better once they're typed out.


We got a dishwasher today. So sweet! And it's as quiet as a mouse ... almost. I had to visit Home Depot too with a friend in order to pick up some extra stuff for the dishwasher - don't ask me what they were because I have no idea. I just stood there pretending to know what I was looking at.

And I think the drywalling is finished/almost finished in the attic. Which means: PAINTING!!! And when my parents finally move up there - I get to paint Norah's room. Purple. Woot!



I really don't understand the meaning of woot. Why is it said anyways? Or is it just another of these Nadinerisms?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is merely an expression of excitement. As in "whoo" but that sounds too much like "who" as in "who are you?" There is also "whoa" but that's usually an expression of utter and complete surprise. So the world has committed itself to using 'woot' when neccesary. Just as well as you can use 'poo poo' and 'moot' in an essay. :D

nadine j. said...

Hooray for Nadinerisms!!!

Lawren said...

I think, technically, the correct way of spelling it is "w00t"
And I think it originates from internet chatrooms... or some such places.