22.2.08

My Favourite Quotes

I am aiming to eliminate my Facebook account in the near future, because I hold it in utter contempt. (Although, I do like knowing when people's birthdays are.)

So, as a tribute, in order preserve part of the legacy, here is my list of quotes.

"Oh can you?" (Amber - you are now officially credited)

"We're flowers" (Nadine - the teachers still think you're odd)

"Is that a free boy?" (Amber again - we have a tendency to get a few quotes from you)

"Be she Canadian Reformed?" (Janelle, as Marilla)

"Marilla thinks the fun would be too much for me." (Matthew Cuthbert)

"You have all the opportunities." (anonymous source)

"Opportunity knocks." "Did you open the door?" (N+M)

"Mostly definitely."

"J'ai un fouton sur ma tete." (Nadine's french journal)

"I have a thinking idea." (another Nadinerism - I am definately the originator of that word)

"From the first moment I met you, your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdane for the feelings of others made me realize that you are the last man on earth I could ever be prevailed upon to marry." (Lizzie Bennet, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

"First, I must tell you that I've been the most unmittigated and comprehensive ass." (Mr. Bingley, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)

"And then I freaked out..." (Catherine ... couldn't leave you out of it)

"This isn't very sustainable." (Kathryn Boeringa on the subject of renting limos)

"I round up." (Andrew Hutchinson)

"Feel free to write the worst junk in the world." (WC - the initials may or may not be referring to the water closet)

"Can you wake me up in time for cookies?" (Norah, during the Talent Evening at church)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Maria
that's awesome... they bring back memories of sweet times

nadine j. said...

Hoooo boy. I was present for way too many of these.

We have had some interesting experiences...