23.2.08

To be a Hairstylist, or not to be ...

My mom bought a haircutting kit at Costco this afternoon, with the hope that I would be able to cut the boys' hair from now on. Taking them to a barber shop is nothing short of disasterous, but then again ... so might it being done at home.



The kit contained a DVD, hence the DVD player on the counter. I was being taught whilest I cut.



Didi, guinea pig number one.



after. For clarification: that is a smile, not a grimace.

guinea pig number two

and after

Wearing a hat simply accentuates the crooked bangs. Note the chocolate smears on his face ... he was treated to "i -HEam" for sitting fairly quietly.

Haircut kit - $40
High chair (posing as barber stool) $10

Kids' expressions - priceless

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

with haircuts like those all you needed was
a bowl: $1
a pair of kitchen scissors: $3.50


looking like a beatles wannabe: $all your dignity$ or $pricless$

hmm.

Jessica said...

those pictures are so cute. i love the one of Didi in the chair.

Joel f said...

Cute! My brothers and I have had our hairs cut at home for years now. I'm sure it won't take you long to develop into quite the barber (given that you keeping cutting their hair : )

nadine j. said...

Dear Ben:

I think they are lovely haircuts, considering, the haircutter was a first-timer.

Love Nadine.



Dear Maria:

Learn to cut girls' hair, and then you can cut mine when it gets long enough...which could be a while. Therefore, you have lots of time
to practice. :)

Love Nadine.

maria. said...

Dear Ben: Jealous?

Joel: I hope to continue in this enterprise, because, according to them, I'm a good "barber lady because I watched the movie."

Dear Nadine: I'll have to watch the movie first, before I attempt yours. But cutting girls' hair is much different from boys' hair, so that might pose a difficulty.